Frequently Asked Questions
Personal Service and Experience matters. Our Product Buyer and Researcher brings over 25 years of retail buying experience to the realm of supplements and has extensive resources available from the companies THNC represents. The guidelines in deciding to stock products involve careful analysis of the forms of nutrients used, the correct treatment strengths needed, and finding the best bottle size and price.
Q: With so many nutritional supplement stores around, why should I shop at TOTAL HEALTH?
- Personal Service and Experience matters. Our Product Buyer and Researcher brings over 25 years of retail buying experience to the realm of supplements and has extensive resources available from the companies THNC represents. The guidelines in deciding to stock products involve careful analysis of the forms of nutrients used, the correct treatment strengths needed, and finding the best bottle size and price.
Q: How do you add products? What is the selection process?
- When we add a product to our formulary,we contact a number of companies and verify the product specifications, the form of the nutrient & the cost of the formula. We select products from a group of over 300 companies. By comparing many products, we are able to select the one that is the best quality and value for you. When we find products that stand out in a company's line, we stock it!
Q: Do you stock full product lines?
- We stock no full product lines, but we can order & ship any product from any company we represent. (There is no additional charge for this service.) We have a firm policy of not dispensing products sold through Multi-Level (MLM) or Network Marketing. Our business is based on conventional wholesale purchasing and a suggested retail sales price. There are many great products sold through MLM, but after analyzing hundreds of products sold through home sales or independent distributors, we feel that the value to the consumer is lacking for the higher prices that are charged in most cases.
Q: Why do companies offer private labels? Who benefits?
- Many companies offer private labeling, whereby a vitamin store or doctor’s office can have an identical product to a company’s product with their name on it. This enables the company to have a formula that looks special, implying that you can only get it there. A truly unique product is VERY expensive (where a a manufacturer would change a formula & increase 1-2 ingredients). Some companies also have different labels for doctors’ offices and health food stores. We will always try to stock the health food label so all customers have access to purchase it.
Q: There are many claims made regarding the benefits of some unique supplements. What is your position of the information used to describe supplements?
- Here’s an example. There have been a lot of articles focused on special forms of Calcium and Weight Loss products. When you dig deeper and compare these products, you may find a different story. While the literature is designed to raise your interest, there may be only a speck of truth in it. Rest assured that all the text we use on our website and in our publications that relates to our products has been clipped from the manufacturers’ catalogs or websites. We do this because their text has been reviewed and has the correct information for their products. We will never hype products or make claims that are not backed up by a documented source.
TOTAL HEALTH can never prescribe or recommend what is best for you,but we can share product details and what we were looking for when we chose to stock a particular product. If you have any other questions or would like more information, please feel free to contact us at (919) 781-9994 or by e-mail email@example.com.
HOW WE USE EMAIL ADDRESSES
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE DO NOT SELL OR SHARE YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS WITH ANYONE. YOU HAVE OUR GUARANTEE OF THIS SECURITY AND PRIVACY. We send an E-mail message to confirm the shipping of each order you place, and we occasionally use E-mail addresses for promotion of OUR sales or other items that may be of interest
to our customers. If you receive E-mail from us that you would rather not receive in the future, simply follow the unsubscribe instructions included in the E-mail. We encourage you to E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions or comments. We read every E-mail we receive.